> > At 23:39 -0800 12/16/02, Troy Kruthoff wrote:
> > >   Invalid reporting of date calc
> > >   note: SESSIONTS is TIMESTAMP type
> > >
> > >   SELECT (NOW()-SESSIONTS) FROM WEBSESSIONS;
> >
> > What leads you to expect that this should yield any useful result?

 According to the documentation of the NOW() function:

 "Returns the current date and time as a value in 'YYYY-MM-DD
 HH:MM:SS' or YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format, depending on whether the
 function is used in a string or numeric context"

 Assuming SESSIONTS is of type TIMESTAMP, "SELECT
 (NOW()-SESSIONTS)" should return the differences in
 seconds....  But it does not, in fact I can not determine
 what MySQL is returning, it does not appear to be any accurate
 measurement of time.

 Troy

---