On Sunday, December 15, 2002, at 03:43 PM, Helmuth Lutz wrote:

First, from where did you install MySQL? Are you using OS X Server? If so, MySQL came installed with your system and you shouldn't have a problem with it. So I'm assuming you're using the client.

Does anybody have an idea:
- WHY does my currently installed MySQL 3.23.46 start at System-Start?
It's supposed to by default. Check /System/Library/StartupItems

- WHY do the currently installed db's work within Internet-Explorer?
huh? I'm assuming you're using Perl/PHP/Cold Fusion/ASP (although, probably not ASP, maybe not CF, on OS X)/something else to generate a web site. Check your HTML, as it's probably just a syntax issue. If you're using php, install phpmyadmin and try it from different browsers.

- WHY does the terminal not know the commands: mysql or mysqladmin?
Try prefixing the mysql or mysqladmin with:
/Library/MySQL/bin/ so your command looks like
#/Library/MySQL/bin/mysqladmin -u root -p version

To avoid having to do that (if that works), add /Library/MySQL/bin to your $PATH. There are plenty of tutorials that can be found by using Google. Search for [your shell here] PATH modify, so, for example, bash PATH modify

---- Not as user  neither as root

The terminal response:
[hlutz:/usr/local/mysql] hlutz# mysqladmin -u root user -p version
mysqladmin: Command not found.
Definately a PATH issue.
--
Chris Garaffa