Dear All,

I would like to extract the meta data describing foreign key
relationships using ODBC (actually in Java using JDBC).

My current version of mySQl 3.23.49 does not seem to support
it. That is the methods DatabaseMetaData.getImportedKeys(...)
and DatabaseMetaData.getExportedKeys(..) return empty sets
on tables which have foreign keys defined on them.

Do newer versions of MySQL allow you to extract foreign key
relation information?

The change log on the in the documentation at the MySQL site
implies that this _may_ be available for InnoDB tables (but
makes no statement for non-InnoDB tables), as of version
3.32.50.

I don't want to do an upgrade unless I'm certain that I will
get the feature.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Many thanks in advance,

Alan.