Hi,

I'm having problems trying to figure which is the best way to solve a design
:

I'm designing a delivery program with php and mysql, and I'm having troubles
with some tables,
my problem is with the recipes, the recipes are divided into two tables one
with a recipe id and description the other detailing the ingredients, of
each particular recipe, that's where my problem starts because each
ingredient is not unique and even it appears in many recipes, and another
thing is every time and item is ordered their correspondent
recipe ingredients are added , ie. pizza has a code 11, recipe has code 01
then all the ingredients in the recipe table
have different ingredient code each, and are related by the recipe code 01,
then each separate item must be counted,
and added to the ingredients general daily totals, I mean pizza uses 2
tomatoes then the general total will show two tomatoes and each other
ingredient. There are also some combined recipes : Pizza with a special
sauce, then this item has to query two parts of the same table, say code 12
is Pizza with a combined sauce of mushrooms and milk, and pineapples, so
each ingredient must be added to the general total. I need help with the
design because I don't want to have database anomalies.

Thank you all,

Merry Xmas
Rick