Hi Gerald,

PWS is the Personal Web Server -- a little web server provided by microsoft supposedly good enough to host pages over an intranet.

Thanks to the input of everyone, I managed to make a little progress in my problem. This is what I did:

I edited the php3.ini file as follows.
1. changed 'extension_dir' to point to my phy-install-dir which was c:\php3
2. pointed 'browscap' to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\inetsrv\browscap.ini

....and presto the php hiccups seem to ok now. When I include a phpinfo() I do see an extension with MySQL.

But now I see a different error message on the browser when I include $db = mysql_connect("localhost")

The error message is

Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server: : '' :

Thanks in advance.

With Best Regards
Fouwaaz

PS: And sorry folks for my obvious bungling with the fonts and stuff -- my email account is also fairly new, sending messages in html and asking for return receipts -- needs a bit of getting used to. Thanks

Gerald R. Jensen wrote:

Don't know anything about PWS ...