Sorry to post again, i've simply forgot to give some details :

mysql> show databases;
+----------+
+----------+
| mysql
| test
+----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

However, i still have databases files present on the system :

syst@datasrv:/var/mysql$ ls -al
total 40
drwxr-xr-x    8 mysql    mysql        4096 Dec 23 10:55 .
drwxr-xr-x   17 root     root         4096 Oct  9 08:33 ..
drwx------    2 mysql    mysql        4096 Dec 23 10:02 SDD
drwx------    2 mysql    mysql        4096 Dec 23 10:01 cnam
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        2767 Dec 26 14:03 connections.log
-rw-r--r--    1 mysql    mysql         781 Oct  7 15:33 datasrv.err
drwx------    2 mysql    mysql        4096 Sep 30 16:56 menagerie
drwx------    2 mysql    mysql        4096 Dec 23 10:04 mysql
drwxr-xr--    2 root     mysql        4096 Sep 12 14:43 test
drwx------    2 mysql    mysql        4096 Dec 23 10:06 tiatest

and all files are present in subdir, for exemple
datasrv:/var/mysql# ls -al SDD
total 224
drwx------    2 mysql    mysql        4096 Dec 23 10:02 .
drwxr-xr-x    8 mysql    mysql        4096 Dec 23 10:55 ..
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        2424 Dec 23 10:02 depl_mep.MYD
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        2048 Dec 23 10:02 depl_mep.MYI
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        9226 Oct  9 18:06 depl_mep.frm
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql       14832 Dec 23 10:02 etat_pc.MYD
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql       13312 Dec 23 10:02 etat_pc.MYI
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        8688 Oct 11 11:50 etat_pc.frm
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql       99092 Dec 23 10:02 liste_pc.MYD
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql       19456 Dec 23 10:02 liste_pc.MYI
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        8881 Oct  9 17:55 liste_pc.frm
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql           0 Dec 23 10:02 temp.MYD
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        1024 Dec 23 10:02 temp.MYI
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        8604 Oct  9 17:55 temp.frm

So, if anyone can tell me why mysql doesn't see all thoses databases
anymore,
it woud be great.
Tank's in advance.

Vincent

Hello all,

I'm quite newbie with MySql, so i apologize if this is a trivial question.

I did a small database, but fortunately not yet in production.
This Week-End happened a power cut and I didn't made any backup of my
databases :(

When i restarted Mysql, i could not log in as any user i allowed before.
I had to log on as root, and i saw the user table was empty (only the root
user and an empty user).
the SHOW databases tell me only about the mysql and test one. None of mines
appears.

I then re-created one user, and then quit mysql to check all databases with
myisamchk.
it then successfully recovers all *.MYI

However, when restarting mysql, it didn't so much more databases.

I don't know if i'm clear enought, but if anybody could help me recover my
databases, this vould be great.

Thanks a lot

 Vincent