Hello all,

I'm creating a db to track a contest involving sports teams and scores.

My table "matchups" has columns for team1_id, team2_id, team1_score and
team2_score.

I can write a simple calculation using the api I use (Lasso - similar in
function to php) and display the results programmatically in the html
output, not involving MySQL, but I wonder if I can use a function, or
something similar to get a new column "winner".

Can I create a new column that will display the id of the winner of the
contest, based on a simple comparison of the scores? Or should I do this
programmatically in code?

Best,

Peter