Not tested. You should have table "dates" with columns "email" and "birthday". "birthday" is in format "27 December"

#!/bin/sh
dbname="birthday"
dbhost="localhost"
dbuser="alpha"
dbpass="beta"

persons=`mysql -h$dbhost -u$dbuser -p$dbpass $dbname --execute="select email from dates where date_format(adddate(now(), interval 1 day), \"%d %M\") = birthday" | grep -v ^date_format`

if [ "$persons" != "" ]; then
echo $persons | while read email; do
echo "Wish you all the best" | /bin/mail -s "Happy Birthday" "$email"
done
fi

regards,

Patrascu Eugeniu wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem calculating birthdays in sql. Here goes my setup:

I have a database that contains the bithdays of a number of people, and I want to know when there birthday is to congratulate them.
The thing is that I want to now that a day before their birthday. Therefore I need a way to do that, and I do not know how to do it, so I am asking on this list, maybe there is someone that can tell me how.

Regards,

Patrascu Eugeniu

George Chelidze