OK, I've figured out how to fix the SQL (was searching for "equations" and
"calculations" when I should have been looking for "math" in the docs!)...
but now it takes EONS longer than the Jet calculations...

SELECT Dealers.*, SQRT(POW((2285-Zips.North),2)+POW((4760-Zips.West),2)) AS
Distance
FROM Dealers
INNER JOIN Zips ON Dealers.Zip = Zips.Zip
ORDER BY POW((2285-Zips.North),2)+POW((4760-Zips.West)),2)

Any suggestions to speed this guy up?  There are 42,000 records in the Zips
table and 4,000 in the Dealers table.  The machine has a quad processor and
runs the same query (below) in a second or two via access/ASP.  With PHP/My
it is taking 99% of the processor and doesn't finish.

John Asendorf - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Applications Developer
http://www.lcounty.com - NEW FEATURES ADDED DAILY!
Licking County, Ohio, USA
740-349-3631
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit

e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead.