Hello,
I have been unable to get a better result than the multiplication of 2
tables where I want the addition.
I explain :
3 tables, one for genre, one for html and one for shockwave
html and shockwave have foreign key genreID

I want to count how many html and shockwave entries have the same genreID,
so I can have as a result :
genreID ! nbgenre
1       ! 6
2       ! 2
3       ! 8

where for exemple genreID 1 has 4 html and 2 shockwave entries.

Here's one query I've tested and that doesn't return the addition of html
and shockwave entries, but their multiplication !!!?? (in the exemple I
obtain for genbreID 1 => 4 * 2 = 8 instead of 6)

$query = "SELECT COUNT(*) as nbgenre, g.intitule, g.genreID
                        FROM genre g, html h, shockwave s
                        WHERE g.genreID = s.genreID
                        AND g.genreID = h.genreID
                        GROUP BY g.intitule, g.genreID
                        ORDER BY nbgenre DESC, g.intitule

I've tried using LEFT JOIN from exemples on the web, but I don't have enough
experience in SQL to use them correctly in my own queries, and I am not sure
it would solve the problem or if it's just another way of obtaining the same
(wrong) result.

Cheers,
Damien