Hello All,
I have a need to build some user functionality (text search) that is similar to the search functions available in most search engines. I would like to have users input a search string and find the appropriate records in MySql, for example:

database "software development" linux

Part of the difficulty I am having is how to handle the pieces of text to search with. A simple parse of the data would break apart the text inside the double quotes.

My intent was to capture the search string in a PHP form, but I am unsure where to go to from there.

Any thoughts on how to approach this would be appreciated.