The "111" is the error code that MySQL generates.

Check if your computer has a firewall, and make sure to enable port 3306
from external IPs

e.g. on redhat using ipchains-based firewall, add:

-A input -s 0/0 -d 0/0 3306 -p tcp -y -j ACCEPT

to your /etc/sysconfig/ipchains file (or however the box is configured for
the firewall). You'll also want to replace "-s 0/0" with something a
little more restrictive.

cheers.. Dan

Regards,

Dan Goodes