Clyde,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Clyde"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 11:47 AM
Subject: How to Unlock a row?

> Hi,
>
> Using MySql with InnoDB files you can lock rows for update.
> Eg select * from customer where cusomerID=1 for update
>
> I assume these locks are release when the the records selected are
actually updated

>no.

Does this still hold true if MySql is running in autocommit mode?

And therefore does the query "select * from customer where cusomerID=1 for update"
only make sense to use if autocommit is OFF? IE if Autocommit is on, and you run this
query, are the records still locked, or has an implicit COMMIT been issued because we
are running in autocommit mode - thus releasing the record lock.

Thanks
Clyde