On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:09:15AM +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Is there anyone on this list who can point me to a link that talks about MySQL
>history - how it began, original creators and vision, evolution over time to 4.x, etc?

  Hello Vikram,

  Linux Journal has an article from '99 that lists the early history.
  The article is at http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=3609

  I believe that David Axmark has a more up-to-date information. I will
  query him to see what I can turn up.

  Cheers!
--
Zak Greant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | MySQL Advocate |  http://zak.fooassociates.com

MySQL Tip: Connect to a remote MySQL server using the mysql client
  % mysql --host=example.com --user=admin -p

"Gosh, Batman. The nobility of the almost-human porpoise."
                                   --Robin, the Boy Wonder