Hiya.

I have inherited an Access database whose originator has used the # character in
field names as you can see below.  I would like to replace this with a MySQL served
version.  This is part of the script created by ACCESSDump.

DROP DATABASE cd2;
CREATE DATABASE if not exists cd2;
USE cd2;

select 'tblAction';
CREATE TABLE if not exists tblAction (
        Action#         INT AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL,
        lngActionName           INT,
        DefaultPriority         INT,
        UserPriority            INT,
        SumRecs         INT,
        LastAutoexecItemDate            DATETIME,
        LastAutoexecDate                DATETIME,
        DayNum          INT,
        INDEX lngActionName ( lngActionName ),
        PRIMARY KEY ( Action# )
);

INSERT INTO tblAction VALUES('34','1','1','0','0','','','3');
INSERT INTO tblAction VALUES('35','2','2','0','0','','','3');
.
.
.

My problem is that MySQL treats # as a comment delimiter 'till the end of the line'
and
hence the script bombs after the line containing it.  I could change # to something
safe like _, but unfortunately, and at the moment, we are still having to use an
Access
front end.  This is very substantial, complicated and has almost every form, query,
report, module and macro using the # character.

I have tried to use the ` character as mentioned at
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Legal_names.html to delimit the field name.  This
doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks.