Hi,

I suppose this may be slightly off topic and not really relevant to a mysql mailing list, sorry... but...

I've spent the last month getting up to speed with MySQL with much help from you guys and Mr DuBois' book. I've done this because an existing client of mine has a system which works with a database engine we developed in house for cheap and cheerful little database applications but their requirements have increased to a point where our little engine is running at max throttle. I proposed that I convert their setup to work with MySQL and said that I would not charge for my time spent learning how to use MySQL.

My question is: when developing _any_ software it's almost always a bit of a learning process. I'm always referring to reference manuals etc. etc. whenever I'm developing, even in the languages I'm most familiar with. So where do I draw the line?

How can I identify a reasonable point at which it's fair to start logging some hours down to my client?

Many thanks,

Jeff Snoxell