InnoDB seems to delaying writes for too long.
After adding or deleting records in a table, viewing
the results of a query from another application on the
same workstation and other workstations does not
reflect the changes.

It is as though another connections are still being
presented with old snapshots.

Even restarting the other applications, thus creating
new connections does not show the updates. The
connections are all set to autocommit.

They show up eventually, but the time delay which in
some cases has been over 15 minutes which is too much.
I have checked the application code to ensure that
data refreshes actually close and reopen the queries.

I am using MySQL 3.23.51 on Windows 2000 and the
library is ZeosLib MySQL components.

Is there a way to force writes to make them
immediately visible to other connections?

http://uk.my.yahoo.com