From: CM Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 10:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Still Cannot Get MySQL To Run

Have a new years resolution, to get MySQL to run....

Here are the errors that I keep getting...

I don't understand what this is telling me?

from /var/log

021214 19:13:21 mysqld started
021214 19:13:21 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't find
file: './mysql/host.frm' (er
rno: 13)
021214 19:13:21 mysqld ended

I haven't messed around with this since late Nov., but
I really don't want to give up on this.

Any ideas?

So, it was recommended to try this-run 'install_db'
from the scripts directory

So I tried that and here is my output:

Installing all prepared tables
030107 22:35:39  /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown
Complete

To start mysqld at boot time you have to copy support-files/mysql.server to
the right place for your system

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET A PASSWORD FOR THE MySQL root
USER !
This is done with:
/usr/local/bin/mysqladmin -u root  password
'new-password'
/usr/local/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h
phoenix.miller.org  password 'new-password'
See the manual for more instructions.

NOTE:  If you are upgrading from a MySQL <= 3.22.10
you should run
the /usr/local/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.
Otherwise you will not be
able to use the new GRANT command!

You can start the MySQL daemon with:
cd /usr/local ; /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld &

You can test the MySQL daemon with the benchmarks in
the 'sql-bench' directory:
cd sql-bench ; run-all-tests

Please report any problems with the
/usr/local/bin/mysqlbug script!

The latest information about MySQL is available on the
web at
http://www.mysql.com
Support MySQL by buying support/licenses at https://order.mysql.com

what in the hell am I doing wrong here, this should
not be that hard to set up and run?

=====
"People without goals get used by those who have goals" - Unknown