My own MySQL-based news server (or, rather, its fetch-news aid) just gave me
this horrible error:

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:42:00 GMT,
    (FETCH-NEWS) shutdown reason: 1016, Can't open file: 'my_table.MYD'.
(errno: 144)

Yep, the dreaded "Table is crashed and last repair failed" error. :) Whence
the smiley, you ask? Because though I was dumb enough to let my /var
partition run out of space, hence cause my table to become trashed beyond
recognition, I was not so stupid as to have no backup. :) I make one daily,
from cron, and for good reason.

All is well that ends well. :)

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org