At 9:09 -0700 1/11/03, David Rock wrote:
I'm trying to use SSL connections with MySQL 4.0.8-MAX and FreeBSD 4.6 using
the online manual and have a question about section 4.3.9.2 Requirements
"Configure MySQL with --with-vio --with-openssl".  Since I installed the MAX
version isn't it already "SSL ready"?  Where do I add the --with-vio
--with-openssl parameters and does --with-openssl need a path also?  What
should it point to?  Any help appreciated.
--with-vio and --with-openssl are for configuring from source.  If you
installed a -max server from a binary version, those options don't apply.

To see whether your server is SSL capable, use this query:

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'have_openssl';
| Variable_name | Value |
| have_openssl  | YES   |

If it is, you'll see YES.  If not, you'll see NO or no output at all.

Thanks,
David Rock