I'd like to know how MySQL shuts down.

Where can I find more about the process, first with
mysqladmin shutdown, and when it shuts down as a
result of Windows shutting down, eirhter as a service
or from the command line or a batch file?

With InnoDb I always receive a message about
recovering when InnoDB starts. This is from a  batch
file in the Start Menu and it seems that MySQL does
not shutdown properly when Windows is shutdown. Is
there a mechanism for getting  MySQL to shutdown
properly when Windows is shutdown, besides using
mysqladmin shutdown?

I am now running MySQL as a service on Win2000, are
there errors on shutdown I do not see, or does the
service method shutdown smoothly?

http://uk.my.yahoo.com