hi

I am facing a problem in adding a new function to MySQL
I created a function in C and compiled and build it successfully.
these files were successfully created--
funmysql.c
funmysql.o
funmysql.so
I even attached the funmysql.so library's path in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment
I am using MYSQL-4.0.7-0 source version dowmloaded from mysql.com
On issuing the following command at the mysql prompt in linux
mysql>CREATE FUNCTION sum_len RETURNS INTEGER SONAME "funmysql.so";
It gives error message..
ERROR 1126: Can't open shared library 'funmysql.so' (errno: 0
/usr/lib/funmysql.so: ELF file's phentsize not the expected size)

any help will be appreciated
thanks in advance

SACHIN KHANNA