The problem is with the new glibc-2.2.5-40 package released on October 3,
2002. Apparently its a known issue, and people are aware of it. The best
solution I've seen so far is to role back to a previous version of this
package, and its dependencies.

If you are a redhat member, you have access to the errata information, as
well as, the previous versions of updated binary rpms. (so you don't have to
recompile anything)

I downloaded glibc-2.2.5-39, and associated files. To role back the rpm, use
the following command:

(This was the command I used)
rpm -U --oldpackage --force <<filename>>

(I think you can simplify the command to:)
rpm -Uvh --oldpackage <<filename>>
(but I haven't tried it)

MySQL-Front now seems to work fine for me.

Hope this helps,
Dean Householder

http://mysqlfront.venturemedia.de/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=434