At 6:02 +0000 1/14/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > SELECT id,first,last FROM names ORDER BY id LIMIT 2,1;
 Work?  Limits to one result, start at second offset.  (I may have the 2,1 in
 the wrong order though)
Ok my gut would say that this would not give the result I want unless the id's are sorted by last name, and given inserts and such I can see that would not be the case. But I sense the glimmer of an approach in this query...
I thought about answering your original post except that I couldn't figure
out what you want.  And after reading this, I'm even more confused.  What
does it mean for id's to be sorted by last name?

Sam D