Hi

We want to create a knowledge base using PHP-MYSQL and if required other
tools like specialized search engine. The knowledge base may consists
for normal text content, HTML content, PDF files, DOC files etc. The
preferred OS is RH Linux 7.3.

My queries are:

1. Should we store these files as blobs in MYSQL or in the file system
and then store only the name in the database.  Please consider the
archival issue in both

2. In either of the cases above how can I search thru non-text
documents. Is there ne specialized search engine for that over and above
full-text of MYSQL

3. I have found a limit of 16MB for blob storage in mysql 3.2x. Is that
correct and therefore shud we start development assuming a time for 4.x
to be available in stable-production form.

Also I m new to mailing lists so let me know if I m not in conformance
of ne rules, wud gladly correct myself.

Thx
Vikash K Agarwal