Hi.

I see InnoDB uses Asynchronous IO on Windows NT but not on Linux. There
are patches, made by SGI, which enables asynchronous IO on Linux 2.4
(http://oss.sgi.com/projects/kaio/).

Are there any plans to support native asynchronous IO in InnoDB?

Quoted from the project site:

 Preliminary experience with KAIO have shown over 35% improvement in
 database performance tests. Unit tests (which only perform I/O) using
 KAIO and Raw I/O have been successful in achieving 93% saturation with
 12 disks hung off 2 X 40 MB/s Ultra-Wide SCSI channels. We believe that
 these encouraging results are a direct result of implementing a
 significant part of KAIO in the kernel using split-phase I/O while
 avoiding or minimizing the use of any globally contented locks.

--
Per Andreas Buer

sql,query,queries,smallint