I have downloaded the source (3.23.55) tree using Bitkeeper.

What is the best way to compile MySQL for Windows using MSC++ 6.0.

I noticed the files (*.dsw, *.dsp) under the directory VC++Files.

When I try to compile any of the projects, MSC is unable to locate the
source files.

Do I need to copy these files (*.dsw, *.dsp) into the source directory?

or

Should I copy/link the source files to the directories in VC++Files?

Is there a configure command I can execute to setup things up so the the VSC
projects work?

Can the Windows binary be compiled using 3.23.55, or should I download the
Windows source?

John