Jennifer (and Josh and John and Cal), et al --

...and then Jennifer Goodie said...
%
% Sounds a lot like the grape blends in different wines question posted last
% week. :)

Well, hully gee.  I never knew songs and wine could have so much in
common -- and church songs at that.  Well, when I say it out loud it
does make more sense ;-)

%
% You'll need a cross ref table with a one to many relationship and possibly a
% field that says what the person did.
%
% like
% | SongID | ComposerID  | Role   |
% +--------+-------------+--------+
% |    1   |       1     | Poem   |
% |    1   |       2     | Music  |
% |    1   |       3     | Poem   |
% |    1   |       1     | Lyrics |

Ahhh...  I get it.  I don't have to point to the artist(s) from the songs
table; I'll just point to the song and an artist as many times as
necessary in this other table.

Yet more adventures in normalization!  Next I'll learn how to write a
query that will return me

  Title  Composer(s)  Arranger(s)  Author(s)  ...

  Song   Joe          Bill         Jane

  Other  Jim          Sue          Bill
         Alice        Sam

  More   Jane         Joe          Alice

ready for display :-)

%
%
% Just a suggestion, You might want more fields or different names.

The proof of concept is what I needed.

%
% Search on last week's answers, I believe the thread was called "Database

I did; thanks.  I've come away much enlightened.

% Design" or something like that.  I'm sure there's not a lot of posts that
% mention grapes and wines on the list.

Yeah :-)

Thanks! to all & HAND

mysql query,
:-D
- --
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"