Let me give this a try. I've done 3 and 4 table joins, but  I did a
little trial and error before I got it right.
To break it down, you want to get three things:
1) All meetings that fall under a particular event
	select * from meetings where eid=2
2) All people id's that are part of that selected meeting list
	select * from meetings, mpeople
		where mpeople.mid=meetings.id and
	meetings.eid=2
3) Link the people names with the people id
	select * from meetings, mpeople, people
	where mpeople.mid=meetings.id and
		people.id=mpeople.id and
	meetings.eid=2

I think that might do it. Try it out. You only need to do a left join
(or right join) if you want to grab every record regardless of whether
or not there are related records. Like finding out how many people are
attending each meeting. You would want all meetings regardless of
whether or not they have zero people attending them.
Something like:
select meetings.id,count(mpeople.mid) as pcount
from mpeople right join meetings on mpeople.mid=meetings.id
group by mpeople.mid

If that doesn't work, let me know. I'm pretty sure it's close.

sql,query,queries,smallint