Hi list,

I'd like to try out the OpenSSL support of MySQL, but I could not find
out how to enable it.
The documentation just says, "Configure MySQL with --with-vio
--with-openssl."
Since I do not compile my MySQL binaries myself, this is impossible to
me...
Instead I'm using the Lnux binary RPMs (Server + Max + Client) for my
Linux machine and the Win32 binary (mysqld-max-nt) distribution for my
Windows XP machine. Of course I have installed the latest OpenSSL
toolkit on both machines first.
I went through all startup parameters that "mysqld-max-net --help"
prints out, but I still could not find a clue how to enable it.
On the MySQL download page, there is a not about the "Max" binary
packages saying, "The Max version includes additional features such as
[...] OpenSSL support." So, the Max binarys do support OpenSSL, but how
do I enable it?
Thanks in advance,

Alexander M. Turek

PS.: Please also reply to my address because I did not subscribe to this
list, thanks.