On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 01:22:32PM +0100, harm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Because I switched some large tables back to myisam from innodb (sorry
> Heikki) my innodb datafile has a few gig 'empty'. I would like to reclaim
> that space.
>
> Can I expect a problem if I:
> - make _all_ innodb tables myisam (And be very sure I changed them all),
> - shutdown the dbase,
> - truncate my autoextending data file to be zero bytes,
> - restart the server
> - and transfer the tables I want to be innodb back again?
>
> Perhaps I need to truncate the logfiles as well?

Ok, tried it.
Easiest way turned out to be the most obvious one:
- alter all innodb tables to myisam
- add skip-innodb to my.cnf
- restart mysql
- rename dir with innodb logfiles and dbase (Is a seperate dir here)
- create new innodb dir, chown/chmod
- restart mysql without 'skip-innodb'
- alter the tables you want as innodb.

No problem, and hardly any downtime. Just some heavy alter tables to
convert them to the other format.

Thanks for the help,

Harmen

--
                                The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (94% of Full)