It looks to me like 1 bit for deleted, and 1 bit for each column to store NULL.
1 byte for 1-7 fields.
2 bytes for 8-15 fields.

Stefan Hinz wrote:

Keith,

thanks once again! Well, anyone here from the MySQL developer team? Or
any other guru who can explain why 10 = 11?

Here's the problem once again:

mysql> DESCRIBE myrowisam;
+-------+----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------+----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| col | char(10) | YES | MUL | NULL | |
+-------+----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
mysql> SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE 'myrowisam';
| Name | Type | Row_format | Rows | Avg_row_length |
| myrowisam | MyISAM | Fixed | 109 | 11 |

Regards,
--
Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Geschäftsführer / CEO iConnect GmbH <http://iConnect.de>