On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 04:29:36PM -0500, Poon, Kelvin (Infomart) wrote:

> Thanks a lot that's very clear...but you help me clear up some more?
>
> The reason I asked is because I got this new project that requires me to
> make a webpage with PHP that collects information from the dbs of ths new
> server we brought...SQL 2000 server.  Like it is a SQL server so I thought I
> would need to know how to use PHP with SQL.  That's when I got mixed up with
> mySQL and SQL.  I started reading things that uses PHP and connects to
> mySQL...so like ...for my case I can't use mySQL right? because my server is
> not a mySQL server right?  THen what do I need basically?...coz a SQL 2000
> server uses a SQL Query Analyer to do the SQL statments right?  DO you know
> what I want to do?

  Hey Kelvin,

  As this is a MySQL mailing list, not a lot of questions about MS SQL
  server get asked or answered. :)

  However, it sounds like you are in a bit of a rough spot - here is
  some information to get you started.

  PHP can connect to many different databases - MS SQL Server included.
  Go to http://php.net/mssql for more information on using PHP with SQL
  server.

  If you do have more questions, there is PHP database mailing list to
  answer your questions (see http://www.php.net/mailing-lists.php). I
  would recommend that you write to the database mailing list.

  Another good resource for you is "PHP Programming for Windows" by
  Andrew Stopford (published by New Riders)

  Cheers!
--
 Zak Greant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | MySQL Advocate |  http://zak.fooassociates.com

MySQL Tip: Allow duplicate values in columns, but force rows to be unique
  mysql> CREATE TABLE lock (t0 TINYINT NOT NULL, t1 TINYINT NOT NULL,
               UNIQUE combination (t0, t1));

My punctuality is well known. When the revolution takes place, I'll be late
and I'll be shot as a traitor.
                                                --Traitor by the SugarCubes