On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 02:30:41PM +0100, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> On Nov 25, Grzegorz Paszka wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Could You explain me for what is macro misc_word_char ?
>
> A "word" must have true_word_char on both ends,
> and there should not be two adjacent misc_word_char's
> in the word.
>
> E.g. (assuming HYPHEN_IS_DELIM is NOT defined)
>
>   -asdf'                --               the word is asdf
>   as-df-                --               the word is as-df
>   'a's-f                --               the word is a's-f
>   as--df                --               two words, as and df.
>
> I think, boolean operators '+' and '-' can be misc_word_char's
> but not true_word_char's.
>
> But to be on the safe side, you can go to ft_static.c
> and change ft_boolean_syntax variable, changing '+' and '-',
> to, e.g., '&' and '!' ...

This is a good idea, but in ft_boolean_syntax I see more chars which
should not be true_word_char.

So what I should do when I have such string :
"--~><(+)

And I want to find it by fulltext search.
I know that looks strange :)
But i've idea:

Redefine true_word_char (misc_word_char is null)
#define true_word_char(X)       (isgraph(X))

and mysql parser should understands escaping char.
So string "--~><(+) I can search by typing : \"\-\-\~\>\<\(\+\)

Is any chance to implement escaping char feature ?

Maybe there is another solution for my problem ?

Best regards.

P.S. I posted this mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] but nobody replaed, mabye
here I'll have more luck.
--
Grzegorz

mysql,sql