mysql

Thanks for responding, Paul. What's interesting is that pet.txt was still "not found" when I used the path as you suggested. What would be the reason for it being "invisible"?

Steve Tiano

So I issue the command

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "pet.txt" INTO TABLE pet;

and, for the first time, I am not denied LOADing DATA privileges. I do, however, get to read:

ERROR:
File 'pet.txt' not found (Errcode:2)

What's up with that? I checked the folder 'menagerie' in the Sites folder. pet.txt is most definitely there, and it contains comma delimited rows to go with the tutorial table I'm working at.

You must name the path to the file as it would be found beginning from
your current directory. If you're in the Sites/menagerie directory, then
the statement should work as you've shown it. If not, name the path to the
file. For example, if you're in the parent directory of the Sites directory,
the statement would be

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'Sites/menagerie/pet.txt' INTO TABLE pet;