Joseph,

>> ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

Okay, if MySQL is up and alive, you should check on which port it is
listening. For instance, you could (in a DOS window) do:

 mysqld --print-defaults

to find out if there are some strange configuration settings. If the
port is the problem, you could try to connect somehow like this:

 mysql -h localhost -p 3307

HTH,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>