Hi,
I guess is as a bug in ALTER TABLE with MySQL 4.1,compiled from BK TREE on
2003-01-22.
Table schema :
CREATE TABLE cmdlivrare(IDCMD INT(9) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT 2000,mUser
CHAR(16),Dep CHAR(4),IDCLI INT(16),FactExt CHAR(20),LivrFinish
SMALLINT(1),DataIntro DATE,DataIese
DATE,INDEX(Dep),INDEX(FactExt),INDEX(IDCLI),INDEX(mUser),INDEX(LivrFinish),I
NDEX(DataIntro),INDEX(DataIese));

I wish to alter this table and modify the definition of IDCMD to "IDCMD
INT(9) AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT 30000"
For this i do :
alter table cmdlivrare modify IDCMD  INT(9) AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY
KEY DEFAULT 30000;

MySQL daemon got signal 11.

MySQL log "said":
=================================
mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely
wrong
and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=402653184
read_buffer_size=2093056
sort_buffer_size=2097144
max_used_connections=0
max_connections=100
threads_connected=1
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections =
802415 K
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

thd=0x865b0a0
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...
Cannot determine thread, fp=0xbe7fd6f8, backtrace may not be correct.
Stack range sanity check OK, backtrace follows:
0x8114078
0x40039951
0x816785a
0x8167167
0x81807ac
0x8182370
0x8121257
0x8124c45
0x811f8a7
0x811f4fe
0x811ee79
0x4003376e
0x402687da
New value of fp=(nil) failed sanity check, terminating stack trace!
Please read http://www.mysql.com/doc/U/s/Using_stack_trace.html and follow
instructions on how to resolve the stack trace. Resolved
stack trace is much more helpful in diagnosing the problem, so please do
resolve it
Trying to get some variables.
Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort...
thd->query at 0x865e3c8 = alter table cmdlivrare modify IDCMD INT(9)
AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT 30000
thd->thread_id=1

Successfully dumped variables, if you ran with --log, take a look at the
details of what thread 1 did to cause the crash.  In some cases of really
bad corruption, the values shown above may be invalid.

The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/r/Crashing.html contains
information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.
=================================

resolve_stack_dump succesfully does :

0x8114078 handle_segfault + 416
0x40039951 _end + 936099857
0x816785a _Z11pack_fieldsiR4ListI12create_fieldE + 170
0x8167167
_Z16rea_create_tableP3THDPcP24st_ha_create_informationR4ListI12create_fieldE
jP6st_key + 883
0x81807ac
_Z18mysql_create_tableP3THDPKcS2_P24st_ha_create_informationR4ListI12create_
fieldERS5_I3KeyEbbj + 2500
0x8182370
_Z17mysql_alter_tableP3THDPcS1_P24st_ha_create_informationP13st_table_listR4
ListI12create_fieldERS6_I3KeyERS6_I10Alter_dropERS6 + 2736
0x8121257 _Z21mysql_execute_commandP3THD + 2803
0x8124c45 _Z11mysql_parseP3THDPcj + 221
0x811f8a7 _Z16dispatch_command19enum_server_commandP3THDPcj + 879
0x811f4fe _Z10do_commandP3THD + 110
0x811ee79 handle_one_connection + 813
0x4003376e _end + 936074798
0x402687da _end + 938389146

I has the bad inspiration to compile without debug option.I try to recompile
now and i will try to study to see what happened.

Regards,

Gelu
G.NET SOFTWARE COMPANY

Permanent e-mail address : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]