From: M Wells [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 9:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Writing program to communicate with remote internet MySQL
server?

Hello All,

For some time I've been wondering if it's possible to write a program
that can automatically check my local MySQL server, create a recordset
containing any new or updated records found in my local table(s) since
the last check, and upload those new / updated records to the MySQL
server my web site uses at phpwebhosting.com.

My background is VB / VBA, but I also have access to Perl, Python and
Ruby.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible, using one of these
languages, to connect to a remote MySQL server over the internet and to
manipulate tables on the remote server as though they were recordset
objects, similarly to how you might achieve this on a local server using
MyODBC?

The end goal is to develop a program I can fire as a Windows XP
scheduled task to synchronize the remote database with the local one.

Any help appreciated!

Regards and best wishes,

M Wells