Hello,

I have, for the first time, a website to do in several languages.
I'll do a variable replacement whereever needed, with several lang files (as
I've seen so many times in open source PHP applications)

but I am wondering how in sql I could do for translating items' names..
I explain :

I have a site in english, where the user posts an ad, when he has to choose
the color of his object, he chooses RED
I will store RED,BLUE,GREEN,etc. in a table 'color' so I can build a
dropdown list for the user to choose from

well now, if a visitor browse the ads in french. I'd like the color to read
'rouge' not 'red'.

How should I go about that, database items ?

Cheers if you see what sort of problem I am facing right now.

Damien,