Seeing a little more data on your situation does change things quite a
bit.  It sounds like you are also needing to use a SELECT DISTINCT of
specific criteria, so that you avoid pulling the same thing more than
once.  What those criteria are, naturally depends on what the various
possibilities are and how (exactly) you want to pull the data.

--
Loren McDonald <AKA MisterrMac>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

subselect
> feature, but that's not an option either due to the host I'm using. I
> ended
> up writing a simpler query get all the unique story id's for a
section,
> then
> doing a foreach loop in PHP to query for all the additional data for
the
> story where ID = $loopindex.
>
> I'm sure there's a supermysqlguru out there who cringes when you issue
> bunch of queries in a PHP loop, but it works fine for now.
>
> Thanks though - I'm sure I'll use your suggestion somewhere in the app
I'm