Dear Sir or Madam,

I have been having problems downloading myodbc from your website.

I went to web page http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-myodbc-2.50.html.

I then selected the option "MyODBC 2.50.39NT/2000/XP full setup
(1.5M)Download"

As a result of a number of attempts one of two things happened:

Thing 1:

A message in the download window appears that says "Click "open" to launch
the application associated with . . . "

When I did this a dos box opened and a message in the ISP window indicated
that data was coming. The count (in the ISP window) increased over time
indicating that a transfer of some kind was indeed taking place. After
waiting for nearly two hours the transfer did not terminate - I had to
manually interrupt it. A 28Kbyte file MyODBC had been down loaded but
not the 1.5 Mbytes file expected. And when this file is run, the dos box as
described above opens.

Thing 2:

I clicked the "open" button and a WinZip dialog box appeared. When I tried
to unzip the file WinZip said that it could not do so because the file was
an unrecognisable format.

Please advise me as to what to do to successfully download the myodbc
driver.

Finally, am I correct in thinking that the myodbc driver must be installed
in Windows 2000 in order to access an SQL database via MYSQL from
a Windows application?