Hi

Sorry if I'm just being feeble minded here but I can't get this to work.

First I take a copy of my database using:
mysqlhotcopy --allowold --noindices db_name /path/path

using the '--noindices' since it says
"--noindices
Don't include full index files in copy to make the backup smaller and faster
The indexes can later be reconstructed with myisamchk -rq.. "
in the manual.

But I can't for the life of me figure out how to restore the index files
with myisamchk. All I get is "myisamchk: error: 'blabla.MYD' is not a
MyISAM-table" or "myisamchk: error: 'blabla.frm' is not a MyISAM-table".

It seems like I have missed something here, but I can't find exactly what
I'm missing from reading the manual.

Some help would be appreciated

Erlend Stromsvik