Hello,

I see in the mysqladmin man page for version 3.23.55-1 that 'slave-start' and
'slave-stop' have at least been thought of at some stage (they're listed in the
COMMAND SYNOPSIS section), but they don't seem to work when I try them... I've just
been through the change logs for version 4, and can't find any mention of them in
there...

Can anyone tell me whether these options for mysqladmin are implemented? If not, can
anyone tell me whether I can tell mysqld to stop or start replicating from a shell
script rather than the mysql client?

Thanks in advance,
Guy.

--