Hi,

I'm wondering how well MySQL compress data. I'm about to design a
database which will hold mainly _a lot_ of FLOAT-values, and since I do
not really know how well MySQL compress data or how I could calculate
this I'd really appriciate a little guidance.

Here's an example of how much data could be stored in a year:

1 value/minute are stored = 1440 values/day.
365 days / year.

We have 100 different tables with 25 columns each.
This makes 100*25*365*1440 = 1 314 000 000 values per year.

A typical value could be 25,5624.

How much space (in Mb) could this take up after a year do you think?

Best regards,
Jonas Askås