From: Jennifer Goodie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 2:12 PM
To: Mary Stickney; mysql list
Subject: RE: timing

You are positive there is nothing else running while you are trying to do
your reports?  Have you tried keeping an eye on the processlist to see where
it is getting stuck and to make sure there is nothing else going on?  Where
does the production server get its data from?  Are their updates going on
while you are running your reports?

Is the production server tuned for the type of complex queries you are
running?