I'm 97.5% sure this will turn out to be a HTML form issue. You probably echo the field without quotes like this

<input type="text" name="some_name" value=Tampa Bay />

instead of

<input type="text" name="some_name" value="Tampa Bay" />

-steve

At 11:40 AM -0500 1/30/03, Anna Noel Leavitt wrote:
 > Hello all-
 I am using MySql, php and forms in HTML to update information. When I
select results from column type VARCHAR, if the information stored
 in the column has a space in it (for example, Tampa Bay), it will only
 return Tampa (I have the length set at 30 so it is not a length issue).
 I tried changing the column type to text to no avail. I
 searched the documentation and couldn't figure it out. Can someone
 provide some insight for me?
 Thanks-
 > Anna

| Steve Edberg                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| University of California, Davis                          (530)754-9127 |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin               http://pgfsun.ucdavis.edu/ |