Tarik,

> - what is the stored character code of the enter key in the text
field, i am
> figuring out to find that character and replace it with the <br>
element,
> for the exact display,

The character is "\n" (the new line character).

If you use PHP and have magic_quotes=on in your php.ini, PHP will
automatically escape certain characters like \n. If magic_quotes=off,
you can use the addslashes() function to accomplish this.

When retrieving the data out of MySQL to display them in a textarea
field once again, you have to do nothing. The web browser will take care
of converting \n into something the operating thinks is a new line
(Unix: \n, Windows: \r\n, MacOS: \r). If you want to display the data
outside of form fields, you will have to convert \n into something HTML
knows is a new line. HTML uses for example <br> or <p> for this. In PHP,
you can use the nl2br() function that will convert \n into <br>.

If you don't use PHP, things might be a bit more complicated.

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Geschäftsführer / CEO iConnect GmbH <http://iConnect.de>