Hi all,

I've discovered that I cannot use the fork() function in a Perl program that
uses  the DBI module under Windows 2000.

I've tried the following script:

#!/perl/bin/perl

use DBI;

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

$| = 1;
my $pid;

if ($pid = fork()) {

}
elsif (defined $pid) {

}
else {

}

If I run this script, it gives me the error:

perl.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x28068533" referenced
memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to
terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program OK Cancel

If I press cancel, Visual C++ appears after that and tells that:
perl - Microsoft Visual C++ [run] Debug  Microsoft Visual C++ Unhandled
exception in perl.exe (PERL58.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. OK
Context: Name Value Name Value Auto Locals this Watch1 Watch2 Watch3 Watch4
Ready

--

The script works fine if I comment out the line with "use DBI;".
Do you have any idea what could be the problem that DBI doesn't work with

Could it be a bug in DBI module, or a bug in Perl?

Thank you very much!

query queries sql

Teddy,
Teddy's Center: