From: "Clyde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 4:02 AM
Subject: Windows Users FeedBack

Hi,

I have installed Version 4.07 gamma on a windows 2000 server.

Install went like a dream and I was up and running within a few minutes. I
have run several tests of my own using Delphi and Zeos Data base controls -
again all this works perfectly. ( I get nervous when things work this well
!)

I have been reading the list and come to the conclusion that MySql is used
very much in a Linux/Unix web environment. I am looking at converting over
our company legacy systems (debtors, creditors, assets, etc) to MySql. (we
are a small company that would only have a maximum of 40 users logged on to
the data base)

Though everything I have tried works fine - this is only in a test
environment and not a production one. Speed and Usability are a given, my
only concern now is stability. So my questions basically are:

1. Am I on the wrong track here using MySql/Windows for these types of
applications.
2. Are there other users out there with similar usage
3. Do windows users find MySql stable - Good or bad comments  here please

Perhaps this should be another thread, but would anyone have some indication
as to what % of MySql installations are Windows based - my gut felling is
that it would be lucky to be 5% but I would sure like to know if someone has
some statistical data on this.

Thanks
Clyde England