Hi all:

I am building a database containing usage information for a wireless ISP
application. I am using a RADIUS server (Steel Belted Radius on Win 2K) to
handle RADIUS events from the network hardware and then write to a MySQL
database.

Everything works fine but I have a problem: the RADIUS server can only
execute a single SQL statement. This is fine for creating a usage record,
but I need to do more processing and execute several SQL statements in
order to do all the usage tracking I need.

The RADIUS server can call a "stored procedure" and pass parameters to the
procedure. This is what I need. I see that MySQL has a "batch mode", but I
do not see any mention of how I could pass parameters to a MySQL batch
file. Can I do this, if so, how?

I see that stored procedures are being added in a future release of MySQL,
do I need to wait for this?

Thanks in advance,
Bill Brownrigg
Project Manager